Fun and well made, I like it!
Nymble is a turn-based puzzle game. You play as Jack, who jumps over things to interact with them. Search for the seedling, plant it in the soil, and advance to the next level.
........... CONTROLS ........... Movement WASD or arrows Retry R OK space Cancel esc ................................ (Click game area to start)
Note: For demo purposes, levels can now be played in any order.
♫ Check out more of my music on Soundcloud.
Jumping over sprouts will make them bloom into flowers. It isn't necessary for completing the level, but will earn you a higher score.
Carefully plan your moves, as Jack cannot jump over open chests and flowers. The slimes will attack you if you end up next to them!
Check out the case study I wrote on this project.
(The game is intended for mobile, but in its early stages, testing will be available through the browser only.)
- Refine pathfinding algorithm so that all sprites have to move every turn. Currently a sprite will stay in position if its original intended destination space was already reserved by another sprite.
- ✔ Enemies that turn into soil when killed.
- ✔ Enemies that turn into flowers when killed.
- Enemies that attack by jumping over you.
- Enemies that move every other turn.
- Enemies that drop loot (e.g. the seedling).
- Enemies that explode and destroy land when killed.
- Flying enemies that can move over any tile.
- "Rare" flowers that show up randomly, that earn you more points.
- "One-way" gates
- Switches that activate when jumped over.
- Larger maps.
- "Single-solution" puzzles
Feedback and suggestions appreciated! Let me know if you find any bugs. Thanks.
Follow Nymble on Facebook get involved!
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Interesting game! I had a lot of fun with this.
Nice design - challenging puzzles!
Had fun playing this game :D