Join Jack as he climbs the never-ending beanstalk!
Nymble is a turn-based puzzle game. You play as Jack, who jumps over things to interact with them. Search for the seedling, plant it in the soil, and advance to the next level.
*NEW* Nymble is now available for on mobile both iOS and Android!
Contains levels 61 to 100—not in the browser version!
AUDIO MIGHT NOT PLAY in Safari.
Please try Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE, etc.
Like the game? Consider making a donation to support me. :)
Now you can give feedback even without an itch.io account!
How to play
|Toggle snow effect*
*Turning off snow in level 60 might help if you experience lag.
This game is all about jumping, so try to jump over everything you can see.
Jump over the treasure chest to collect the seedling. Jump over the soil patch to plant it!
You can jump over an enemy to kill it by moving in their direction.
But if you are separated by a space, if you move towards them, they will attack you!
Aside from lag issues in levels 20, 40, and 60 this game is mobile-friendly. You can play it on your phone by accessing this page's URL through your phone’s browser. Swipe in four directions anywhere on the screen to control Jack or to scroll through the map.
Listen to the music
♫ Diggin’ the music? Listen on:
New in version 220.127.116.11 (Dec. 16, 2020):
- Implemented pause menu with level goals progress.
- Redesigned and repositioned interface buttons.
New in version 18.104.22.168 (Dec. 13, 2020):
- Levels 41 to 60 now unlocked! Skip to the boss level or play them all again. (You may find some little surprises.)
- Improved level cleared UI to explain how to get a higher score. I thought about including this in the HUD (Heads-up display), but opted to keep it clean and minimal and have the player find out by exploring.
- Level 3, updated to better onboard the player about how to kill enemies.
- Level 20 (boss): Same level, just replaced some gates, and reduced map size
- Level 40 (boss): Some modified puzzles as well as a more exploratory layout.
- Levels 51, 52, 54: New designs to onboard the "snowman" a bit more clearly. Slight improvement in puzzle complexity.
- Level 60 (boss): redesigned the "snowman" puzzle. The boss fight spawn tiles have been redesigned to have a clearer active/inactive state.
- Partially fixed stacking sound-effects glitch.
- Toggle the snow by pressing "P" and see if it reduces lag in your browser.
Old Release notes
Nymble roadmap (sorta)
Curious to see what I'm working on? Check out Nymble’s public project board to see my to-do list, as well as things already done.
Feedback and suggestions appreciated! Let me know if you find any bugs.
Also available on:
Nymble got Frontpaged on Nov. 30, 2020 and awarded Daily 4th Place on Nov. 29, 2020. w00t w00t.